1. Hair protection – to protect your hair and scalp from sun damage. A hair scarf in cotton or silk, or bandana is always best, but if you’re in and out of the water, that might not be practical. So slather on some conditioner to protect and nourish your hair, apply some sunscreen to your scalp, and don’t stay out too long.
2. Swim suit and cover up – whether you’ll be walking to the beach from your hotel room , a swimsuit of your choice is the essential item of beach clothing. You’ll also want a cover up for walking through a hotel lobby, or when it’s time to cut back on your sun exposure. If you’ll be at the beach for more than a day or two consider packing additional swimsuits.
3. Sunscreen – this is essential, bring lots of it, apply and reapply.
4. Water – hydrating is important, and water does it best, especially when it’s ice cold.
5. Sunglasses – because your eyes need protection, too.
6. Flip Flops – they’re perfect for the beach, will protect your feet from the hot sand and a rocky beach. You’ll find many great beach shoe options, so pack your favorite.
7. Book or magazine – read to tune out annoyances around you, learn something new, or just relax and enjoy. When you’re done pass it on to someone else to enjoy.
8. Towel – maybe even more than one. Use it to lay on, cover up a beach chair, dry off, wipe yourself down, or roll it up and make a pillow. If you bring or buy an inexpensive one, you can leave it behind or pass it on to someone else to use.
9. Camera – I like to take pictures to remember my travel experiences. You can opt for a waterproof camera, or take good precautions to avoid the grief caused by sand, oil, and water.
What are you packing?
Are you a fan of Jemima Jackman? Then be sure to join the mailing list and stay up to date on products and news.